Wednesday, March 2, 2016
“NRC connects runners of all levels to expert NRC coaches, pacers, training plans and NRC community members,” said Patrick Reyes, Country Marketing Manager, Nike Philippines. “The Nike+ Run Club Manila will inspire and enable more runners to join the global running community, designed for first time runners, daily runners as well as race-day competitors. Regular sessions will begin March 1, twice weekly, each session with a different focus” continued Reyes.
NRC Manila will cater to the already bustling running community of Manila, specifically in the Fort area of Bonifacio Global City with Nike Park Fort as the starting point. NRC coaches Rio dela Cruz, Ian Banzon and Ico Ejercito, will lead the twice weekly sessions providing professional training and tips for runners to improve their runs. Sessions will take place every Tuesday and Thursday evenings. NRC Manila is open to both men and women, and participants of the NRC Women’s Half Marathon Manila 2016 are highly encouraged to train for the race at the mentioned NRC sessions, to prepare them for the upcoming run.
Runners must register for NRC Manila sessions prior to each running session as there are capacity limitations. Runners can register online for NRC sessions at http://go.nike.com/3mhv3.
Nike+ Run Club Philosophy
1. We are all meant to be runners. Running doesn’t turn away anyone at the door. If we want to bring out the runner inside us, we just have to lace up and get out
2. We are not just runners. We are athletes. It takes more than a pair of legs to be fast. It takes our entire body, mind, and unbreakable spirit.
3. Every run has a purpose. Some days we’ll feel pushed. Some days we’ll push back. Find the meaning in every mile.
4. Respect every workout. Fear no workout. It’s going to be hard. That’s why we love it. Respect is earned from doing the work. So get out and get after it.
5. Embrace your weaknesses. Then erase them. With regular and consistent work, our weaknesses can become our strengths.
6. Measure success in as many ways as you can. Not every run will be our farthest or fastest, but every run is an achievement and should be seen as such.
7. We believe in you, even if you don’t. On days when we feel less than our best, we can always seek motivation from our community. Nike+ Run Club is here to remind us that our best is always within our reach.
About NRC Women’s Half Marathon Manila 2016
NRC Women’s Half Marathon Manila 2016 is the first female-only Nike half marathon run in the Philippines. Female runners who are interested to participate in the NRC Women’s Half Marathon Manila 2016 can join with their best female buddy and register at this link: http://go.nike.com/0po61h. Registration fee is PHP2,700.00 per pair payable via credit card or PayPal.